You can only share someone’s post from Feed to your story if their account is public and they’ve allowed resharing of their posts. Sharing posts from Feed to Stories isn’t available to everyone.
To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
Here’s how: Tap on the “Instagram Story,” then tap on the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) in the upper right-hand corner. Select “Share To…” Choose the “application” or “contact” you’d like to send the link to.
How do I share someone’s post from feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
Once you’ve found a post you want to reshare, tap the arrow in the lower right hand corner. Then, tap “Repost,” then “Repost” again. This will first save the photo to your mobile device’s native camera roll, where you can retrieve it in the Instagram app.
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
To share someone’s post to your story, follow these 5 steps:
- Step 1: When you tag a user in your story @mention, sharing is initiated.
- Step 2: A pop-up will appear saying, ‘mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours. ‘
- Step 4: Before posting the final content, you can either crop it or add any filters you want.
How to share feed posts to Instagram Stories
- Tap the paper airplane button below the post (like you would to send a direct message)
- You’ll then see an option on the following menu to “Create a story with this post”
- Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
Can you repost your own post on Instagram?
The Instagram platform offers no option for reposting. Instagram only allows users to share via Facebook, Instant Messenger, copy the URL or tweet the content.
How can I legally repost on Instagram?
You can get this written permission in a variety of ways.
- Ask With a Comment on the Original Post.
- Ask Via a Direct Message.
- Include Copyright Waivers in Contracts With Influencers.
- Use the Repost for Instagram App.
- Share a Screenshot of the Original Image.
- Regram Through Your Social Media Dashboard.
Why can’t I repost post on Instagram?
Reposting Not Available
If you’re using third-party apps to edit and repost photos, videos, and stories, you should check to see if you have the latest version of the app. Go to either the Play Store or App Store, find your reposting app, and look for new updates. Do the same for Instagram.