A Facebook post has a steep drop-off in readers, is virtually valueless after a week, and might as well not exist after a month. In contrast, a blog post will generate readers on the first day it’s online and will continue to turn up in Google searches year after year.
What is better a blog or a Facebook page?
While blogs offer more control and depth of content than Facebook, the best answer may be to use both a blog and a Facebook page. … Sharing your blog posts on Facebook provides a richer experience for your Facebook fans and drawing blog readers to Facebook offers them a different atmosphere with more interaction.
What is the difference between blog and Facebook?
Answer: The main difference between Facebook and a blog is that the blog content is in your control while Facebook content is out of your control. … On FB, you cannot: Search your own stuff. Change the status of any of your posts.
Unlike social media posts, blog posts provide longer-lasting content for websites. Social media posts are often situational and event-driven, so the content becomes irrelevant quickly. Blog posts are self-contained experiences and can continue to be relevant as long as the topic of the post is still relevant.
Is Facebook considered a blog?
If you are thinking of using Facebook Notes in place of a business blog, it’s important to consider that Facebook Notes is not a full-fledged blogging platform. You cannot vary the theme of your Facebook page like a WordPress blog. Facebook Notes does not allow embedding of video or gif files.
Can I make money on Facebook by blogging?
Affiliate marketing is one of the most profitable money-making strategies on Facebook. So create a blog on Facebook and earn money. To make money on the platform, you need to: Promote a product or service on your personal page.
How do I start blogging?
Create a blog
- Sign in to Blogger.
- On the left, click the Down arrow .
- Click New blog.
- Enter a name for your blog.
- Click Next.
- Choose a blog address or URL.
- Click Save.
Blogs are social (and alternative) media
At its most basic sense, social media is a shift in how people discover, read and share news, information and content. Technologies include: blogs, picture-sharing, vlogs, wall-postings, email, instant messaging, music-sharing, crowdsourcing, and voice over IP, to name a few.
How do I publish my blog on Facebook?
Log in to your Facebook account and find the Create post section at the top of the page. Type something about the blog post that you’re sharing, and then paste the URL into the post directly below your text. After you’ve pasted the link, a preview of the blog post should populate below the text box.
Is Instagram a blog?
Instagram blogging is microblogging because of the 2,200 character limit for captions vs no limit on traditional blogging platforms. Instagram bloggers with 15,000 engaged followers can make around $200 per sponsored post.
What are the advantages of a blog?
Top 15 real benefits of blogging
- You can manage your online identity and build trust. …
- You will learn new things. …
- You will improve your writing skills. …
- You could become proficient in a new language. …
- You can get technical knowledge. …
- You will connect with new people. …
- You will get proclaimed an expert.
Why is Blogger used?
Blogging has quickly become one of the most popular ways of communicating and spreading information and news. Blogs can be used for personal use, business, news, and networking.
What is the best site for blogging?
The 10 best blogging sites and platforms
- WordPress.com Best free blogging platform.
- WordPress.org Best platform for serious bloggers.
- Medium.com Simple platform for writing.
- Blogger.com Publishing platform by Google.
- Tumblr.com Best microblogging site.
- Wix.com Best blog website builder for beginners.
How can I make money via Facebook?
8 Ways You Can Make Money on Facebook
- Drive your Facebook page traffic to blogs at a cost.
- Start affiliate marketing.
- Create a simple Facebook app.
- Start Facebook marketing through influencing and marketing.
- Get people to pay for sponsored likes and shares.
- Publish videos on Facebook.
- Sell your personal products on Facebook.
How can I blog for free?
Here are the best free blogging sites you can use to start your own blog today:
- Wix (www.wix.com)
- WordPress (www.wordpress.org)
- LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com)
- Weebly (www.weebly.com)
- Medium (www.medium.com)
- Ghost (www.ghost.org)
- Blogger (www.blogger.com)
- Tumblr (www.tumblr.com)
Should I create a Facebook page for my blog?
Having a page allows you to grow a much larger audience than your own personal network would permit, and as your readers share your content, your content will go more viral via Facebook. Giving your blog a more permanent presence on Facebook only facilitates this.