The answer is to set the Facebook App to open links in a standard browser. To do this on Android mobile apps, tap the Facebook menu icon in the top right, scroll down to Settings & Privacy, tap Settings then scroll down to Media & Contacts, tap and then enable the Links open externally option. That’s it.
Open Facebook, tap Menu, then App Settings, and make sure the “Links open externally” switch is off. What version of the Facebook app do you have? I’m on 49.0.
If you can’t open links on Android apps, make sure to check in-app settings, reinstall the app, or inspect in-app permissions. If that doesn’t help, clearing cache and data from essential Google Services or reinstalling WebView should resolve the issue.
- Open your Facebook app and tap on the triple-line and a menu will open.
- Scroll down slowly to Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on the Settings Button.
- Scroll down to Media & Contacts.
- Here, you will see a “Links open externally” toggle ( It needs to be off) Suggest an answer. Log in or Sign up to answer.
Links can still be opened in Safari in the app by long pressing on a link and choosing the ‘Open in Safari’ button.
To do that go to Settings -> Apps -> scroll down to the app that you don’t want URLs to open in -> Tap on ‘Open by Default’ and select always Ask. So next time you click on a url it won’t open in any app directly it will ask you and you choose it to open in Chrome.
If you click a link and nothing happens, or a download doesn’t work, your web browser may be blocking RealNetworks’ communication with the Internet. To fix it, you’ll need to reset your web browser. This involves clearing out old temporary internet files and resetting privacy and security settings.
First, you can copy a link you find on the web and then launch the Opener app to choose which native application you want to open the link within. A YouTube link, for instance, would let you pick from native apps like ProTube or YouTube. A Twitter link could be opened in Twitter, Tweetbot, or Twitterific.
How To Make A Facebook App Redirect Outside of Facebook
- Step 1: Create a file that contains the redirect code. Using a text editing program create a text file and save it as fbwebsiteredirect.php. …
- Step 2: Create the Facebook application for the homepage. …
- Step 3: Allow Your Facebook Page to use the App you just created!
How to share and view links to a Facebook Shop in WhatsApp
- Open the product page on Facebook, tap > More Options.
- Tap the WhatsApp icon.
- Select the person or group you’d like to share the product page with.
- Tap the send button or Next.
- Draft your message. …
- Tap or .
By going into the Facebook app and options, scroll down to ‘Help and Settings’ and go into ‘app settings. ‘ Turn on ‘Links open externally’ so that the next time you open up a link, it will go to your default browser instead of opening within Facebook.
How to Make Facebook for Android Open Links in Chrome
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner of the app (the one with three lines).
- Scroll down to the settings section.
- Tap App Settings.
- Toggle “Links open externally” to on.
How do I enable open with on android?
For example, if you select the PDF Viewer app, you can undo that choice by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Apps & Notifications. …
- Choose App info. …
- Choose the app that always opens. …
- On the app’s screen, choose Open by Default or Set as Default. …
- Tap the CLEAR DEFAULTS button.