Go to the desired post on your profile for which you want to restrict the comments. Click the three-dot option on the top-right corner of the post. Click on ‘Who can comment on your post. ‘
What does a lock on a Facebook post mean?
Locking a profile means that only friends on Facebook will be able to see your photos, stories, and new posts on the timeline, apart from the About page. All ‘Public’ posts on locked profile are also only seen by those who are friends with the said user.
Can I turn off comments on a Facebook post?
To use this option, access the post for which you want to turn off comments on Facebook. At the top-right corner of the post, click the three dots. In the three-dots menu, click “Turn Off Commenting.” And immediately, Facebook will disable comments on that post.
How do you unlock posts on Facebook?
How to Unlock My Posts on Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook profile. Click your name in the top, left corner of the Facebook profile page to visit your profile. …
- Scroll down through your status updates to locate the one you want to make public. …
- Delete your private status update and re-post it as public.
What does padlock only me mean on Facebook?
A padlock icon is displayed next to the person’s profile picture to tell you if a conversation is ‘Secret’. You are still – like a normal Facebook message conversation – able to block and report users.
How do I stop my comments from appearing on other people’s news feed?
Click the “Edit” button next to each app and then click the audience selector next to the “Posts on your behalf” option. Select who these posts should be visible to or click “Only Me” to prevent them from appearing on anyone’s news feed.
How do I turn off comments and likes on Facebook posts?
It’s a quick and simple job to turn off comments on a Facebook group post. Simply click on the three dots icon at the top right of the post. From the options that pop up, tap on “Turn off commenting.” Comments will now be disabled.
How do I block someone from commenting on Facebook 2021?
How to ban someone from commenting on my Facebook posts and ads via page settings:
- Go to People and Other Pages.
- Select Banned People and Pages from the drop down menu.
- Select + Ban a Person.
- Type in the name of the person you want to block. Double check the profile picture matches that of the person you want to block.
How do I make a post private on Facebook?
Classic mobile browser experience
- Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Scroll down to the post you want to edit.
- Tap on the post, then tap Edit Privacy.
- Select who can see the post from the options that appear (example: Public, Friends, Only Me). Learn more about the different audiences you can choose.
What is the padlock symbol?
When you go to a site that has a padlock icon next to the site name, it means the site is secured with a digital certificate. This means that any information sent between your browser and the website is sent securely, and can’t be intercepted and read by someone else while the information is in transit.
How do I hide all posts from everyone 2020 on Facebook?
Facebook also has a tool to hide public Timeline posts en masse. To do this, click the arrow in the top-right corner of your profile and navigate to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Privacy. Click the Limit Past Posts link to open a warning advising that all your public posts will be converted to Friends only.