How do you mute everyone on Instagram?
Get the CNET How To newsletter
- Open the Instagram app and go to the profile of the person you want to mute.
- At the top of their profile, there’ll be a button that says Following. …
- A pop-up will show an option that says Mute. …
- Then, you’ll have the option to mute either their posts, stories or both.
How do I mute all posts?
Aside from muting someone’s posts or Stories, you can mute all of their activity by following these steps:
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of one of their posts.
- Tap Hide.
- Tap Mute [Username].
Is there a way to mass mute on Instagram?
To mute an account, tap the … menu in the corner of the post. From there, you can choose whether to mute posts, or mute posts and stories from an account. You can also mute posts and stories by pressing and holding on a story in your tray, or from a profile.
How do you mute on Instagram 2021?
Mute an Instagram Account from their profile
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for the person’s profile.
- Tap the ‘Following’ Drop-Down button.
- Tap on Mute.
- Mute according to your preferences. Use the toggle button to mute either stories, posts, or both.
How do you mute on Instagram 2020?
Instagram Lite app for Android
- Tap their username from their Feed post, or tap and search their username to go to their profile.
- Tap Following below their bio.
- Tap Mute, then tap next to Stories.
What is mute for Instagram?
Muting somebody on Instagram is the same as having a break from a real-life discussion. You respectfully exit the discussion without causing any commotion or ruffled feathers. You won’t see the stories, images, or videos that anyone has shared on your feed if you mute them.
Can you mute someone you don’t follow on Instagram?
Swipe across the top of your feed to find the account you’d like to mute. Tap and hold the account’s icon. Tap ‘Mute’ Tap ‘Mute Story’
What is restrict on Instagram?
Restricting a user on Instagram is similar to blocking them—but a little more polite. Whereas blocking a user hides your entire feed and stories from them, the restrict feature simply hides their comments and messages from you while still allowing them to view your posts.
What is restrict in Instagram?
What does restricted mean on Instagram? By restricting an account on Instagram, you are limiting their access to your profile. This means they do not have the same opportunities to interact with you, as a user that you have not restricted.