Type or paste the URL into the Tweet box on twitter.com. A URL of any length will be altered to 23 characters, even if the link itself is less than 23 characters long. Your character count will reflect this. Click the Tweet button to post your Tweet and link.
To insert a link to outside content into a tweet you are sending, simply paste in a link to the box. For the short term, using a URL shortener like bit.ly will help, but over time twitter will automatically shorten all links using “http://t.co/XXXXX” as a format, so you won’t have to worry about it.
How do I tweet on Twitter?
How to Tweet
- Tap the Tweet compose icon. Compose your message (up to 280 characters) and tap Tweet.
- Tap on the Tweet compose icon. …
- Type your Tweet (up to 280 characters) into the compose box at the top of your Home timeline, or click the Tweet button in the navigation bar.
Twitter’s algorithm may favor linkless tweets
“A tweet without a link in it won’t direct people away from Twitter,” he says. They also don’t direct people away from engaging with the tweet. And the Twitter algorithm favors tweets that get engagement.
How to Create a “Click to Tweet” Image
- Go to www.clicktotweet.com and sign in. …
- Write a tweet that you want shared.
- Use a Twitter icon like this one or one of the ones on the Click to Tweet website.
- Link the photograph in your website or blog post and voila, it’s a tweetable image link!
How do you make a heart on Twitter website?
Type your text and insert the ASCII code “♡” (without the quotations) at the point where you want to display the heart shape. This will result in a red open heart or outline heart shape when the “Update” button is clicked.
How do you write a tweet example?
The perfect tweet is:
- Front loaded. Put the most important words at the start of the tweet to catch a follower’s eye.
- Scannable. Write simply and concisely. …
- Specific. Make your content valuable and useful. …
- Active. Use strong verbs and skip the adjectives and adverbs.
- Focused. …
- Compelling. …
- Short. …
- On brand.
You can view your URL in your account settings. Log in to Twitter’s website, click the gear icon and then click “Settings.” Your full Twitter URL appears immediately below the Username box in this format: http://twitter.com/[username]. … Your Twitter URL updates when you save the settings.
How do you tweet an article with a picture?
Via mobile. Attaching an image to a Tweet on mobile is super simple and only takes a few clicks. First, tap on the new Tweet icon in the top right hand corner of your screen. Then tap the camera icon and you’ll be given the option to attach an image or take a new images using the phone camera.
What does C mean on Twitter?
CC’s literal meaning is “carbon copy.” As with memos and emails, CC is a way of ensuring a Twitter user sees certain content. Used with an @ mention — for example, “Interesting article – www.urlurl.com – cc @Bob” — it will help draw a Tweet to someone’s attention.
What should I tweet to get followers?
Here are our top 10 tips:
- Tweet frequently.
- Post visual content.
- Utilize hashtags.
- Become part of a Twitter community.
- Engage with replies, Retweets and tags.
- Publish (and comment on) Twitter threads.
- Create an inviting profile.
- Participate in Twitter chats.